Tuesday, February 9, 2010
26 years ago I became a mom!
26 years ago I became a mom. That day was probably the hardest and the best day of my life. I think giving birth is an experience one never forgets. I can remember every second like it was yesterday. Every year on this day I remember that day. I never want to forget it. I was very fortunate to have what people would call a "good baby". He did everything when he was supposed to or at least when everyone thought he should. He slept through the night at 2 months the night before I went back to work, he gave up his bottle and pacifier at 15 months and was potty trained and slept in his big bed at 2y/o. Of course we have Mae Mae to thank for the schedule. He had great hair and beautiful eyes and never stopped smiling. I am the luckiest mom in the world. In spite of all the things I did that wouldn't be considered today as "best" for the baby: I held and rocked him constantly, at 6 weeks he fell off of the bed, I stopped breast feeding at 2 months, he ate every food known to man and I am not sure I introduced them correctly, he was terrible at time out, he slept on his stomach and sometimes in bed with me. Inspite of all that we made it. So my advice about being a "good" mom with a "good" baby would be to try to do what's best for you and your family. With good intentions and a lot of love it works out! Sometimes I don't feel like I was always a good mom, but Andrew is quick to remind me I was a GREAT mom! Isn't that the best reward. Happy Birthday Andrew! Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday Andrew! You are the best mom Deb - and you did everything perfectly- just like me too! LOL!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Deb! And you are a great Mom & Grandma!
ReplyDelete